Monday, October 6, 2008

My Night of the Curse (#5)

I decided to go on a ride along last night with Mark. Mark's mom came to sleep over with our kids, and I was free to go all night. This was my fifth time going, and I thought I would break my curse, since it's been a year since my last ride along. The curse is, I go on a ride along and we hear crickets all night long (in other words, it's totally dead). Both of his brothers have ridden along, and had lots of action and cool stuff going on. So I was crossing my fingers that I would get to see some action and break my curse.

So off I went to work last night with Mark. We got there, they had briefing, and then we got in the patrol car to go find some people to pull over. Mark got called to some calls where someone pushed the emergency button, and didn't answer when the police were called. He has to go to the place where they pushed the button and make sure no one is hurt or in trouble. So it was pushed in a new apartment resort place on campus (and it was like a really nice resort you would pay big money to stay at somewhere). I was impressed with it, and I was almost wanting to go back to College days and be able to live there (ALMOST).



Then Mark pulled over a couple people for expired tags, but nothing panned out, we did get to drive with lights and sirens for a whole five seconds. Mark got called to some dorm rooms for marjiuna smell, but the Mark and the other officer didn't find anything. I did get to see a dorm room, which was nice, and Mark said it was not like the usuall messy ones.

Then we got bored and I told Mark I was sad that I didn't get to see him handcuff someone, so he handcuffed me (they wanted to put me in the back of the patrol car, but I had to draw the line somewhere). So around two in the morning, I was tired and decided to go to sleep in their zzzz room, of course right after I went in there to go to sleep, they got a DUI and some other fun stuff that I was sleeping through of course. So I still have a curse, and one of these times I'm going to break it.

5 comments:

Justin T. Bailey said...

Wow, Lisa, even though you didn't get to see anything, it still looks like a lot of fun. As you rode "shotgun", did you get to hold the proverbial gun?

michelle rasor said...

you are the cutest thing ever!

Brenda Janda said...

I think Mark should do a mugshot of you and put it next to the other one of that scary chick. Who knows, LOL that could break the curse. HEHE

Bev said...

I don't think it's necessary to put pictures of you guys playing out your fantasies!

Danelle said...

Thanks for the comment... I am glad you have a blog too... at least we can stay in touch! You look really good in this picture.. I LOVE your hair like that. It has gotten long! Tell Marlise hello for me.
Danelle